Sunday 10 August 2008

To walk after the Spirit 2

When I take nothing more seriously than the commands of God found in the Word of God then I walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh.

It's difficult because you have to remember the commands of God in real time, and in difficult moments and events.

To ask God in prayer beforehand is a way to be able to remember the commands of God when I get into difficult moments and events. Ask and ye shall receive. ("Father in heaven I ask that you will enable me to remember your commands from your Word when I find myself, inevitably, in difficult moments and events when acting from the flesh is an easy temptation. I ask this in the name of your Son Jesus Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.")

This is real will, or, acting from God's will.

John Calvin, mystic, Riplinger, Witsius, Fourth Way, Ouspensky, Gurdjieff, Cathars, Puritan, Waldensian, Geneva, trail of blood, Paris Hilton

No comments: