Sunday 10 August 2008

Email

As I read I might post some bible verses that stand out to me as interesting. Last night it was this one:

Chapter 12

1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will show thee:


This stood out to me as a being a command to take up the Way. A command to Work. You have to leave your old life behind and go to the land that God will show you. Roughly speaking "to get thee out of thy country" means to leave your ordinary states, the state that you live in all the time, your level of being. "To leave thy kindred" again means to leave the ordinary cycle of states and many I's. To leave your father's house really means to leave the devil, as for fallen man that is his house. You have to be willing to let all that go, to leave it, and go to a new country.

Simon of Australia

No comments: