Sunday 10 August 2008

Email exchange

It's a great title, by the way. - The Puritan


+ + + + + + +

The title is interesting, I think. I played with a few ideas but then this one just shouted out at me. It may not have occurred to me, but ...

I awoke this morning from what seemed like a dream drenched night of sleep. The usual story, I was losing the greater part before my eyes had opened. I remember this, seemingly important fragment:

I am in my living room hurriedly packing a bag to go somewhere. It isn't anywhere important, nor will I be away for any great length of time. I have my camera and lenses pretty much already filling the bag. I then grab this big hardback edition of Gail Riplinger's In Awe of Thy Word. Some friends are sat on the sofa observing all of this. They seem utterly bemused that I am trying to cram this large book into an already bulging bag. Their expressions only add emphasis to my understanding that I
will only be gone a few hours. Yet somehow, it is imperative in my mind that I have this book with me. I am even thinking it odd, like you would have the Holy Bible first - yet there is something so important to understanding the Bible in this book that I cannot be separate from it for any time at all.

Paul of England


+ + + + + + +


I think the realization, which Tyndale and those guys had, that the Bible is contained in itself is a powerful realization. Riplinger, in her brave innocence and also in her dogged researching, presents it in that book. Even if just pieces and traces, it's enough.

There is power in being concentrated. In Elizabethan times they could concentrate on a handful of powerful influences and have all they needed. - The Puritan

No comments: